The UUP’s Binghamton Chapter is looking to expand its Department Representatives (Reps). As we prepare for contract negotiations, we must have an active and engaged Department Rep System to communicate essential information to and from our union members. It’s a simple way to take an active role in supporting your Union. Please consider becoming a Representative for your department.
Department Reps serve as the “face” of UUP to members they represent and are the Chapter’s “heart and soul.” Some other responsibilities include:
- Become better informed on contractional obligations
- Improve your working conditions by alerting UUP Chapter Officers of concerns regarding contract violations or other problems in your department.
- Facilitate two-way communication between members and chapter leaders.
- Attend Department Rep and General membership meetings to raise concerns, request information, and bring information back to your leaders.
- Have conversations with non-members about becoming union members and encourage members to become active in UUP.
- Help to ensure UUP signage on campus in every building/department.
To become a Department Rep., complete the Department Rep Contact Information Form.